Please watch this video before submitting your application!
The PassionNet 2021 Mentor Application has closed. Please email us to get involved!
PassionNet Mentors work closely with our middle school-aged participants to help them achieve their goals. Each PassionNet Mentor will work with 2-5 students either working individually or as a team and guide them in their projects. The PassionNet Mentor role is a remote volunteer position and has a time commitment of approximately 3-4 hours per week starting on June 4 or June 7, 2021 for training, until the end of the program on August 6, 2021.
Please review the following criteria for each club before applying:
New Technologies, Data, & Ethics Club Mentor
- Friendly and enjoy working with kids
- Research experience
- Passionate about tech and policy
- Organized, responsive, and reliable
- Experience with AI and/or policy preferred but not necessary
Storytelling & Mental Health Club Mentor (NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS)
- Experience facilitating group discussions
- Caring, considerate, and sensitive to students’ needs
- Experience with art, music, design, or mixed media projects preferred but not necessary
Knitting & STEM Club Mentor
- Must know how to knit
- Passionate about math, especially with an appreciation for arts & STEM
- Helpful, thoughtful, willing to work with kids